The closer the date of your GRE comes, he more nervous you are tend to get. GRE is a very important exam that students give to get selected for their graduate course. Even if you have prepared well for the test, you are still bound get extremely tensed as the date approaches. Your stress levels must be peaking which is really not good as stress can make you forget the things which you already prepared for well. It is extremely important for you to stay calm during this time to be able to give it your best shot.
If you had joined any GRE institutes then they will start preparing you for the final day. Other than making you practise more and more, they will also help you improve your time management skills. They will also teach you ways to keep yourself calm during the test.
Here are a few tips to keep you on track during the last few days.
15 days before
- The first thing that you need is a plan. After all these days you are bound to be well acquainted with all your strengths and weaknesses. You need to devise a perfect plan to help you achieve that dream score of yours. These last few days are extremely important and you need to focus on both your strengths and weaknesses to score well.
- You should shortlist all the universities that you wish to join beforehand so that you can prepare accordingly. Some universities specify the kind of score that they are looking from their applicants. So you need to be sure of such details and prepare in the right manner.
- You should know the format of the test very well. If you are unfamiliar with the test format, you will have to waste unnecessary time trying to understand it on the main day. This time could be used on things which could actually help you score better.
- All these days you must have studied for long hours even at night. This must have changed your sleep schedule. But on these last few days you should try and get your biological clock in accordance to the timing of the test. Your body needs to be properly prepared for the day. Start taking practice tests everyday at the exact time when the actual test will take place for at least two weeks prior to the exam. This will enable your body to be more attentive during the real test
The day before
- The syllabus for GRE is huge, so it you should prepare a small pocketbook to help you with revision. It could include all the important points that you have difficulty remembering.
- The GRE coaching institutes will advise you to take ample rest on the last day and even revisit some of your old hobbies to freshen your mind. This way you will be able to relax better and reduce the stress.
- The most important thing that you need to remember is that it is not going to be the end of the world. So relax and give your best.